How to Create a Distraction-Free Workplace
with Beth Strathman
- 10+ Video lessons in HD
- Exclusive bonus content
- 30-day access to instructor
- Over 10 hours of in-depth instructions
- Lifetime access, anywhere, anytime
- Available on desktop, mobile and tablet
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
What you will learn:
- Leader’s Dashboard: Clear on the Fundamentals
- Mission, Vision, Values, Edge
- Initiatives and KPIs/SMART Goals
- Key Relationships
- Professional Development for Staff
- Priorities & Focus, Audit Your Time
- 15 Habits of Productive People (Kevin Kruse)
- Create Ideal Workweek (with daily huddle, standing meetings, project time, strategic thinking/planning time, “office hours”, management and professional development of direct reports, review your own progress on projects and calendaring items for the coming week/month)
- Setting Boundaries Around Your Time
- Create an Efficient Office Flow
- Prioritize Strategic Value (based on Leader’s Dashboard)
- Avoiding “Fires”
- Knowing What’s Good Enough (ban perfection)
- Decreasing Interruptions
- Effective and Efficient Meetings
- How to Be Accessible on Your Terms
- Reinforcing Your Company’s Culture
- Universal Fears and Desires (Glaser)
- Leadership Reactions: When backed into a corner, how do you react/respond? (Glaser)
- Cultural Stressors (Glaser): what’s going on in the biz enviro?
- Culture Assessment: Me vs. We (Glaser)
- Explore Specific Examples – Are you walking your talk?
- So what must change to keep you relevant in the market?
- Leaders Go First – What will you role model, when and how?
- Specific Messages to Send to Your Senior Team as a Whole
- Planning for Individual Messages for Senior Team
- Members & Behavioral Expectations
- Cascade Down
- On-going Feedback Process (Goldsmith)
- Is Everybody Ready for Something New?
- SMART Goals
- Lead Measures
- Keeping Score
- Unconscious False Perceptions That Get in the Way
- Unpacking Unconscious Beliefs re: Time Usage (see Hour 2)
- Unpacking Unconscious Beliefs re: Money & Resources
- Unpacking Unconscious Beliefs re: Using Influence
- Create the Case for Change - Polarity Tool
- Creating an Execution Action Plan
- Accountability Plan
- Quick Wins
- Stakeholder Analysis and/or Mapping
- Committed supporters
- Compliant supporters
- Neutral stakeholders
- Antagonistic stakeholders
- Active Resisters
- Assessing Risks
- Leading the Way by Setting the Tone
- Assess Current Company Processes/Structures for Supporting Execution
- Communication Plan
- Specific Conversations to Have (w/ Individuals or Units)
- Creating a Process for Unpacking and Sharing Lessons
- Creating a Process for Developing, Selling, and Implementing Ideas
- Handling Setbacks and Resistance
- Appreciating / Acknowledging Achievement & Contributions
- Boundary Planner!
About the course
Find out how to get rid of distraction, miscommunication, and overwhelm in your workplace, so you can focus yourself and others on the most important business priorities.
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Business | Curious Mondo: Interviewing: How to Create a Distraction-Free Workplace
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Someone who needs to plan a wedding.
Create a Distraction-Free Workplace.
About the instructor
Beth has a passion for developing people. She is an energetic lifelong learner, who delights in challenging others to realize their potential. Beth has been a tireless champion of others throughout careers in K-12 education and human resources. She now works with leaders who want to shake up business as usual by knowing more about their leadership styles, aligning their businesses to reflect their mission, vision, and values in everyday work, and expressing themselves clearly and powerfully.
Beth earned a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from the University of Kansas and a Juris Doctor from the University of Utah’s SJ Quinney College of Law. She is a member of the Utah State Bar, a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), and a certified coach through the International Coach Federation. Beth serves on various non-profit boards in the Salt Lake area and enjoys traveling, cooking, hiking, snowshoeing, and hanging out with friends.