- Leader’s Dashboard: Clear on the Fundamentals
- Mission, Vision, Values, Edge
- Initiatives and KPIs/SMART Goals
- Key Relationships
- Professional Development for Staff
- Priorities & Focus, Audit Your Time
- 15 Habits of Productive People (Kevin Kruse)
- Create Ideal Workweek (with daily huddle, standing meetings, project time, strategic thinking/planning time, “office hours”, management and professional development of direct reports, review your own progress on projects and calendaring items for the coming week/month)
- Setting Boundaries Around Your Time
- Create an Efficient Office Flow
- Prioritize Strategic Value (based on Leader’s Dashboard)
- Avoiding “Fires”
- Knowing What’s Good Enough (ban perfection)
- Decreasing Interruptions
- Effective and Efficient Meetings
- How to Be Accessible on Your Terms
- Reinforcing Your Company’s Culture
- Universal Fears and Desires (Glaser)
- Leadership Reactions: When backed into a corner, how do you react/respond? (Glaser)
- Cultural Stressors (Glaser): what’s going on in the biz enviro?
- Culture Assessment: Me vs. We (Glaser)
- Explore Specific Examples – Are you walking your talk?
- So what must change to keep you relevant in the market?
- Leaders Go First – What will you role model, when and how?
- Specific Messages to Send to Your Senior Team as a Whole
- Planning for Individual Messages for Senior Team
- Members & Behavioral Expectations
- Cascade Down
- On-going Feedback Process (Goldsmith)
- Is Everybody Ready for Something New?
- SMART Goals
- Lead Measures
- Keeping Score
- Unconscious False Perceptions That Get in the Way
- Unpacking Unconscious Beliefs re: Time Usage (see Hour 2)
- Unpacking Unconscious Beliefs re: Money & Resources
- Unpacking Unconscious Beliefs re: Using Influence
- Create the Case for Change – Polarity Tool
- Creating an Execution Action Plan
- Accountability Plan
- Quick Wins
- Stakeholder Analysis and/or Mapping
- Committed supporters
- Compliant supporters
- Neutral stakeholders
- Antagonistic stakeholders
- Active Resisters
- Assessing Risks
- Leading the Way by Setting the Tone
- Assess Current Company Processes/Structures for Supporting Execution
- Communication Plan
- Specific Conversations to Have (w/ Individuals or Units)
- Creating a Process for Unpacking and Sharing Lessons
- Creating a Process for Developing, Selling, and Implementing Ideas
- Handling Setbacks and Resistance
- Appreciating / Acknowledging Achievement & Contributions
- Boundary Planner!
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Business | Curious Mondo: Interviewing: How to Create a Distraction-Free Workplace
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Someone who needs to plan a wedding.
Create a Distraction-Free Workplace.