- Beginning to Advanced Blending Concepts
- Skinner Blending Basics two colors including tips to get more avoiding
“wonkiness” in order to get more blend for your buck,
- Disappearing color and dealing with machine contaminations
- Multiple color blends – using three or more
- Adjusting blend tone with the addition of white or black.
- Using clay shavings and other inclusions.
- Adjusting for intense contrast blends
- Specific structure blends vs. informal blends.
- Striated blends
- Basic Skinner Blend formations: bull’s eye cane, straight veneer usage, ribbon stacking (including mirror option), expanded use of ribbon stack slices
- Cool Things To Do With Gradient Blends
- Leaf Canes: single vein and multiple vein versions
- Basic Flower Cane
- Sutton Slice with gradient substrate
- Double blend Sutton Slice
- Faux Fabric Technique
- Gradient Striping and “The Wave” bracelet
- Creating an intersected stripe stack
- Creating a divided ribbon blend stripe stack
- Making a Wave Bracelet
- Simple Basket Weave Cane
- Simple Gradient Checkerboard cane
- Easy Rose Cane
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Polymer Clay Gradient
Beginning / Intermediate / Advanced
Polymer clay artists. clay artists, jewelry makers
Learn how to incorporate the use of gradient to increase the interest of your clay work.