What you will learn in this puppet making course:
- Understanding caricature and capturing a likeness.
- Recognizing the shapes in an individual’s face
- Building a foam rubber head.
- Adding facial features
- Covering with fabric
- Adding additional facial features
- Creating a realistic nose
- Adding hair
- Finishing Touches
- BONUS CLASS: How to use fake fur as hair
- BONUS CLASS: How to create different head shapes from one pattern
- Bonus item: Materials list
- Bonus item: Patterns
Puppet made in class
About the course
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: How to Create Look-Alike Puppets
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Puppet makers, puppeteers, ventriloquists, doll artists
Learn to build a professional, camera-ready lool-alike puppet for TV, film, and theater.
About the instructor
Barry Gordemer is an award-winning puppet maker and performer. He's been designing, building & bringing characters to life for film, video and ventriloquism for more than 30 years.
His puppets have been seen on NBC, the Discovery Channel’s Animal Planet network, TV commercials and educational videos. In 2000, Barry performed on the album "Dreamosauraus." It received a Grammy nomination for "Best Musical Album for Kids.”
In his spare time, Barry is a veteran writer, producer and editor for NPR's award-winning news magazine, “Morning Edition.”