- About the instructor
- Materials needed and tools
- The concept of a character
- Drawing the design
- Making foil core for everything (start with legs).
- Adding clay (limbs first) and bake
- Make the head
- Making the torso
- Finishing arms and legs
- Finishing modelling the head (ears, etc)
- How to make balls and molds.
- Head: cutting open take foil out.
- Adding principal balls (shoulder and thigh)
- Mark and cut torso.
- Add ball to torso, make it fit.
- Mark and cut limbs
- Add balls to arms, make it fit.
- Trying on Arms
- Add balls to legs and fit
- Finishing the head with magnets
- Fitting for a professional looking doll
- Making hooks
- Assembling the whole doll
- Tips for a perfect ball jointed doll
- Perfecting joints
- Painting a bjd
- Making Removable Horns
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Making a Ball Jointed Doll Character
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Sculptors, art dolls artists, anyone who loves sculpting or want to start a new hobby or career.
Learn how to sculpt ball jointed doll character.