- Intro and bio
- Overview of what class will cover
- Working tools and basic supplies
- building up head with eyes
- Sculpting nose and cheeks
- Ear and adding on blush on cheeks, eye liner, eye lash.
- Making leg so it can stand on its own
- Body connection with head, arms and legs and finish up the torso
- Felting in the dress bodice and sleeve
- Adding details on to bodice – sew on ruffle on sleeve, choker and possibly the head shape for the hair.
- Add on the shoe and then needle felting the base skirt and attaching it on. Sew in double layer lace
- Prep white layer skirt with floral trim, gather it and attach it to the main skirt and then poof gathering them up
- Glue on trims to the bodice, make bows for shoe and hair and finish up decorating outfit
- Adding hair and hair decor
- Attaching leg to pre-decorated wooden base.
- BONUS CLASS: How to make my perfect tiny pose-able fingers with internal wire armature. This is a sought-after technique I developed on my own
- BONUS CLASS: How to make facial expressions – smile with teeth showing
- BONUS CLASS: How to needle felt eyes with wool instead of using acrylic eyes
- BONUS CLASS: How to refresh or update a needle felt doll’s face you’ve made that you are not quite happy with or made earlier in your beginning doll making stage
- BONUS CLASS: Proper techniques to attach hair on head
- BONUS ITEM: Doll pattern guide for body proportion and costuming
- BONUS ITEM: Supply and source list
- BONUS ITEM: Chat transcript
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: How to Create a 10 inch Pose-able Needle Felt Doll
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Sculptors, anyone who loves needle felting, sculpting, or want to start a new hobby or career
Learn how to make a female pose-able doll with internal wire armature from start to finish!