- About Laura
- Discuss the techniques used.
- Look at materials used
- Mark making exercise
- Making the marks for polar bear, elephant and octopus
- Analyzing a photo to discuss the texture, value, pattern of fur etc.
- The power of the grid
- Draw the polar bear outline in pencil
- Demonstrate the drawing of the eye, nose, mouth, paws.
- Light value sketch.
- Direction of fur
- Discuss the darker values and draw them
- Demonstrate the use of white pen as and when necessary
- Changing a drawing
- Talk about “new eyes”
- Scanning and printing
- Discuss the color on the photo
- Discuss water-color paint, sizes of brushes, water pot, tissue, scrap paper etc.
- Demonstrate the use of water-color paint
- Apply water-color to the print
- Complete polar bear painting.
- Color combos
- Analyzing a photo and discuss texture, value and marks required to draw it.
- Sketch the outline of the elephant
- Draw the elephant eye, ears, trunk etc.
- Racap the image of the elephant and how it will apply to the drawing
- Drawing textures and values from the picture
- Dealing with texture spacing
- Discuss previous drawing of the elephant and use of color.
- Add color combos to several prints of the elephant
- Print sizes
- Demonstrate cutting and put prints in frames
- Ideas of possible products
- Octopus drawing and stippling technique
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Detailed Animal Drawing
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Drawing artists, illustrators, painters, watercolor artists, anyone who loves drawing or want to start a new hobby or career.
Learn how to draw detailed animals in pen and watercolor.