Advanced Stained Glass – Foil Method
with Cheryl Peterson
- 6+ Video lessons in HD
- Exclusive bonus content
- 30-day access to instructor
- Over 6 hours of in-depth instructions
- Lifetime access, anywhere, anytime
- Available on desktop, mobile and tablet
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
What you will learn:
- Dragonflies: Make a dragonfly suncatcher/ornament using foil method of stained glass. These dragonflies are a great way to share family heirloom sterling silver because the body of the dragonfly is fashioned from a fork!
Attaching glass to frames
Creating loops for hanging
Embelishing your creation
- Dragons! Learn how to work with cast body figures. We’ll assemble wings for a sitting dragon and learn how to attach them to the cast body.
- Working with small patterns and small pieces of glass.
- Choosing the best glass for a project with small pieces
- How to safely attach wings to a cast body
- General safety tips for working with cast body figures
Glass Boxes: Working in 3-D is what makes the foil method great! Learn how to build a glass box with a hinged lid.
- Make functional tube and wire hinges
- Learn how to design your own box
Tips and tricks for soldering a three-dimensional projects
- BONUS CLASS: How to make a treasure box. Create a mirror bottomed box with a sealed lid to keep your most precious possessions safe
- Learn how to prepare mirrored glass to prevent damage from chemicals while you work. See how to anchor your keepsake within the box. Learn how to prepare the box prior to attaching the top
- BONUS CLASS: Make a treasure box from a bottle bottom. Using a cut off bottle we’ll add a hinged lid with an embellishment to create a fun and unique gift.
About this Stained Glass course:
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Advanced Stained Glass
Intermediate / Advanced
Learn advanced techniques of foil method of stained glass.
About the instructor
Red Dragon Glass Art
Cheryl started working with stained glass in 2005. She uses her background in graphic design and combines kiln formed glass to create original, fun and unique designs. Cheryl works in both foil and lead methods of stained glass, creating original designs, three dimensional creations and lead restorations. She is an affiliate member of the Stained Glass Association of America and former president of the Glass Art Guild of Utah. Her commission work and restorations can be found is private residences and businesses across the United States.