- 10+ Video lessons in HD
- Exclusive bonus content
- 30-day access to instructor
- Available on desktop, mobile and tablet
- Over 10 hours of in-depth instructions
- Lifetime access, anywhere, anytime
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Captions available in English, Portuguese, Dutch, German, Spanish, French and Swedish
What you will learn:
Class 1 - HALLOWEEN:
- About Helen
- Material needed and tools
- Polymer Clay 101 (explaining shapes, conditioning clay, basic tools, mixing colors, baking, storage, work surfaces)
- Will make Tummy/Bummy/Mummy – how to texture mummy’s bandages, using wooden dowels for legs
- how to make a face on the jack o’lantern and
- how to make his Frankenstein pail with a wire handle.
- Plus, how to make whimsical feet and stinky toes!!
- Finishing the mummy
- Start the witch set which includes the witch, her broom, mouse, cauldron and mouse.
- Using a garlic press to press out the broom’s brush
- using a real twig for the handle
- making a dress from a sheet of clay
- styling her hair and making her magical hat
Class 4 - THANKSGIVING:
- Start with Mr. Pilgrim (how to make him on his mound, his axe and pumpkin).
- Mrs. Pilgrim will be next – (how to make her and her apron and bonnet, hat, turkey, sunflower and mound).
- Will finish Mrs. Pilgrim and work on turkey with pie (how to work with feathers, how to make a pumpkin pie and his silly legs)
Class 7 - CHRISTMAS:
- Starting the elf
- How to make a candy cane and stripes for his stockings
- How to make his teddy bear, his traditional outfit and shoes.
- Will finish the elf and make a stacked style Christmas tree and gift and make a sitting reindeer (Rudolph, more than likely) and start Santa.
- Will finish Santa in his traditional suit.
- BONUS CLASS: A jack o’lantern pin/magnet with glow in the dark teeth
- BONUS CLASS: A silly frog wearing a witch hat figurine
- BONUS CLASS: A sprawled out elephant figurine holding a tiny pumpkin on its trunk
- BONUS CLASS: Gingerbread figurine
- Supplies list
About this weaving workshop
Come join the fun as we learn how to make a variety of whimsical holiday-themed figurines in polymer clay! Instructor Helen Dorn will show you how to make the most adorable creations to keep for yourself, gift to friends and family, or even sell.
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Whimsical Figurines
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Sculptors, clay artists, polymer clay afficcionados
Learn how to sculpt whimsical figurines in polymer clay.
About the instructor
Helen has been a polymer clay artist since 1990. She has been published in both domestic and international polymer clay magazines and devised various holiday tutorials for the manufacturer of her favorite polymer clay product. Helen has been participating in popular craft shows along the east coast of the United States for twenty-five years.