Class 01 – HALLOWEEN:
- About Helen
- Material needed and tools
- Polymer Clay 101 (explaining shapes, conditioning clay, basic tools, mixing colors, baking, storage, work surfaces)
- Will make Tummy/Bummy/Mummy – how to texture mummy’s bandages, using wooden dowels for legs
- how to make a face on the jack o’lantern and
- how to make his Frankenstein pail with a wire handle.
- Plus, how to make whimsical feet and stinky toes!!
- Finishing the mummy
- Start the witch set which includes the witch, her broom, mouse, cauldron and mouse.
- Using a garlic press to press out the broom’s brush
- using a real twig for the handle
- making a dress from a sheet of clay
- styling her hair and making her magical hat
Class 04 – THANKSGIVING:
- Start with Mr. Pilgrim (how to make him on his mound, his axe and pumpkin).
- Mrs. Pilgrim will be next – (how to make her and her apron and bonnet, hat, turkey, sunflower and mound).
- Will finish Mrs. Pilgrim and work on turkey with pie (how to work with feathers, how to make a pumpkin pie and his silly legs)
Class 07 – CHRISTMAS:
- Starting the elf
- How to make a candy cane and stripes for his stockings
- How to make his teddy bear, his traditional outfit and shoes.
- Will finish the elf and make a stacked style Christmas tree and gift and make a sitting reindeer (Rudolph, more than likely) and start Santa.
- Will finish Santa in his traditional suit.
- BONUS CLASS: A jack o’lantern pin/magnet with glow in the dark teeth
- BONUS CLASS: A silly frog wearing a witch hat figurine
- BONUS CLASS: A sprawled out elephant figurine holding a tiny pumpkin on its trunk
- BONUS CLASS: Gingerbread figurine
- Supplies list
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Whimsical Figurines
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Sculptors, clay artists, polymer clay afficcionados
Learn how to sculpt whimsical figurines in polymer clay.