Polymer Clay Gradient ("Skinner Blending")
with Lisa Pavelka
- Video lessons in HD
- Exclusive bonus content
- Proven effective learning method
- Hours of in-depth instructions
- Lifetime access, anywhere, anytime
- Available on desktop, mobile and tablet
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
What you will learn:
- Beginning to Advanced Blending Concepts
- Skinner Blending Basics two colors including tips to get more avoiding
“wonkiness” in order to get more blend for your buck,
- Disappearing color and dealing with machine contaminations
- Multiple color blends – using three or more
- Adjusting blend tone with the addition of white or black.
- Using clay shavings and other inclusions.
- Adjusting for intense contrast blends
- Specific structure blends vs. informal blends.
- Striated blends
- Basic Skinner Blend formations: bull’s eye cane, straight veneer usage, ribbon stacking (including mirror option), expanded use of ribbon stack slices
- Cool Things To Do With Gradient Blends
- Leaf Canes: single vein and multiple vein versions
- Basic Flower Cane
- Sutton Slice with gradient substrate
- Double blend Sutton Slice
- Faux Fabric Technique
Gradient Striping and “The Wave” bracelet
Creating an intersected stripe stack
- Creating a divided ribbon blend stripe stack
Making a Wave Bracelet
- Simple Basket Weave Cane
- Simple Gradient Checkerboard cane
- Easy Rose Cane
What students say
Robin Wilen: Taking the Polymer Clay Gradient class with Lisa Pavelka. She is a fabulous instructor and really explains tips and techniques. Quality of class is excellent. Thank you Curious Mondo and Lisa.
About the course
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Polymer Clay Gradient
Beginning / Intermediate / Advanced
Polymer clay artists. clay artists, jewelry makers
Learn how to incorporate the use of gradient to increase the interest of your clay work.
About the instructor
Lisa Pavelka, a Colorado native who now resides in Las Vegas, is an award-winning artist, designer and author. Although she is well versed in several mediums, she is best known for her polymer clay expertise. Having worked with the medium professionally since 1989, she has focused her creative energies in taking polymer clay in new directions; especially in the areas of mixed media applications. As a polymer clay pioneer, Lisa has tackled everything from jewelry making and home décor to scrapbooking and altered arts to name a few. She has shown the crafting world there is almost nothing that can’t be done with polymer clay, whether it’s coming up with new techniques or covering the back of a van. Lisa is the author of several books including the award-winning bestseller: Polymer Clay Extravaganza (North Light Books).