What you will learn in this fiber clay course:
- Materials and tools
- Using rebar as an armature and adding texture
- Adding details, i.e. textured wings and feathers
- Crack repair after drying
- Adding tail feathers
- Finishing sculping touches
- Using Powertex to seal, harden and waterproof the piece.
- Using alternative armatures to create a sculpture
- Adding details and embellishments
- Painting sculpture to look like a bronze
- Alternative painting techniques
- Alternative embellishment details
- Alternative armatures
- An overview of ideas as to what can be created out of fiber clay.
About the course
In this Fiber Clay Sculpting Class, you’ll learn to make a bird out of Fiber Clay, an easy to use medium that doesn’t have to be fired. I use only four shapes, a ball, snake, potato, and pancake, to teach you to create sculptures you’ll be amazed you built. You’ll learn to put together simple armatures using all kinds of materials to use as the foundation of your piece. You’ll even learn how to finish your piece to make it look like a bronze!
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Sculpt with Fiber Clay
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Sculptors, anyone who loves sculpting, playing with a fibers, or want to start a new hobby or career
Learn how to sculpt with fiber clay.
About the instructor
Joanie Wolter lives in N. Scottsdale with her husband, Charlie, and their four cats. Her business name, “Cuvee”, is a wine term meaning “a blend”. Joanie’s work is a blend of creativity, artistry and humor. Although she started out doing ceramics, her new passion is Fiber Clay Sculpting. She creates whimsical sculptures that make people smile, and that’s her goal. Her art gives her a sense of serenity and wellbeing. She hopes that the love she puts into her pieces brings as much joy to those who view it as it does to her.
Teaching is Joanie’s second passion. As a public-school teacher for 37 years, it was a natural transition for her to teach the sculpting classes. To be able to share her knowledge and show people they too have the ability to create beautiful art is exciting! She feels blessed to be able to combine her to passions and create a second career!!! Life is good!!!!!