- 12+ Video lessons in HD
- Exclusive bonus content
- 30-day access to instructor
- Over 10 hours of in-depth instructions
- Lifetime access, anywhere, anytime
- Available on desktop, mobile and tablet
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Captions available in English, Portuguese, Dutch, German, Spanish, French and Swedish
What you will learn in this drawing course:
- About Laura
- Discuss the techniques used.
- Look at materials used
- Mark making exercise
- Making the marks for polar bear, elephant and octopus
- Analyzing a photo to discuss the texture, value, pattern of fur etc.
- The power of the grid
- Draw the polar bear outline in pencil
- Demonstrate the drawing of the eye, nose, mouth, paws.
- Light value sketch.
- Direction of fur
- Discuss the darker values and draw them
- Demonstrate the use of white pen as and when necessary
- Changing a drawing
- Talk about "new eyes"
- Scanning and printing
- Discuss the color on the photo
- Discuss water-color paint, sizes of brushes, water pot, tissue, scrap paper etc.
- Demonstrate the use of water-color paint
- Apply water-color to the print
- Complete polar bear painting.
- Color combos
- Analyzing a photo and discuss texture, value and marks required to draw it.
- Sketch the outline of the elephant
- Draw the elephant eye, ears, trunk etc.
- Racap the image of the elephant and how it will apply to the drawing
- Drawing textures and values from the picture
- Dealing with texture spacing
- Discuss previous drawing of the elephant and use of color.
- Add color combos to several prints of the elephant
- Print sizes
- Demonstrate cutting and put prints in frames
- Ideas of possible products
- Octopus drawing and stippling technique
About this drawing course online:
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Detailed Animal Drawing
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Drawing artists, illustrators, painters, watercolor artists, anyone who loves drawing or want to start a new hobby or career.
Learn how to draw detailed animals in pen and watercolor.
About the instructor
Laura Sommer is an Illustrator of animals and nature, using black pen and water-colors. Her drawings are made into prints, greeting cards, laser engraved images, tree ornaments, stickers, tattoos, posters, and an illustrated children’s book. Her inspiration is the beauty of nature and her love for animals.