Day 01: We will start by building the back mount and some of the additional frame pieces to begin assembling the entire frame.
- Making the pad that rest behind the stone
- Shaping the wings and head and joining to the back pad
- Shaping more pieces that will join the head and creating the bottom half of the stone cage.
Day 02: We will continue to work on the frame and secure our stone in place.
- Finishing the bottom half of the cage and started to add beads to the head and start the top half of the stone cage.
- Working on the top half of the cage and shaping more head pieces/ antenna
- Adding in more bead embellishments in the head and starting the bail
Day 03: We will be finishing off the pendant with embellishing details like the beaded wings and beaded head details. Along with the bail and making sure all the wire ends are taken care of.
- Filling in the wings with seed beads
- Finishing the beaded wings and making a bead linked chain
- Creating a clasp to finish off the chain
- In the bonus class I will be showing you how to execute the herringbone weave with round beads. This setting is great for adding more interest to bead link chains, making earrings, bracelet components and anything else your imagination can come up with.
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Wire Work Beetle Pendant
Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced
Jewelry Artists, resin artists, metalsmiths
Learn how to create beautiful wire beetles.