- We start by making what will be the core of our red rose. and begin to assemble the petals to go around the core.
- In this hour we will start the leaves of our flower. We will cover how to mix wool to get a unique color and then shape and add vein detailing to our leaves.
- We add wire to our felted leaves so they can later be attached to the main stem of the flower and also create the Sepals for the flower. to finish this hour we will iron our flower pieces to give them a very flat effect.
- We start by cleaning up the edges of our flower pieces, add a bit more detailing then we start to attach our petals to the core of our rose.
- In this class we start with the stem of the rose. We will be adding the wire to the rose, then the sepals of our flowers, leaves and then finish by wrapping the wire with our green wool.
- In this hour we will start the butterfly. We first shape the base of the butterfly wings using black wool. Once we have the correct shape we will begin to add our color to the wings.
- In this class we will keep working on the butterfly by adding more details to the wings and starting to work on the underside of the wings.
- We will further work on the details on the underside of the wings using our brown tones.
- We finish with our details on both wings. we will iron the pieces then move onto building the body of the butterfly and assembling it all together.
- Sketch Patterns
- Bonus class: Additional Rose
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Needle Felted Rose
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Nature-lovers, Felt artists, Sewists, decorators, or want to start a new hobby or career
Learn how to Make a Realistic Needle Felted Rose