Yes, we all know it, yes we all acknowledge it: kitties are the icon of cuteness and delightfulness. You can’t watch a small kitty play around without the urge to hold it and snuggle it. This is why I started needle felting cats in all forms and positions, while adoring to needle felt newborn kitties. We all started with this craft somewhere, and we all know it’s NOT easy to recreate the face of cats. Failure after failure, try after try, analyzing hundreds of pictures of cats, from all angles, spending hundreds of hours stabbing pieces of wool until it got better and better and the reward didn’t delay to come: finally being able to get as realistic as possible!
- creating the head, building dimension into the face
- knowing where to place the eyes
- how to make the nose
- building up the cheeks
- making and attaching ears
- building up the body, what to pay attention to
- creating legs
- creating paws and claws
- attaching limbs to the body
- creating and attaching the tail
- creating details in the fur and finishing up the kitty
How to make the kitty tongue.