- Learn the anatomy of a lamp and familiarize yourself with the hardware options for attaching a lampshade to a base – Vase caps or spiders. Which to choose and why?
- Drawing your own pattern
- What type and size of base to choose.
- How to choose the best art glass, texture, and colors for a lampshade.
- The importance of following the grain of the glass
- Color plan and numbering your four panels
- Layout the pattern cut and foil.
- After soldering each panel and learn the importance of finishing the lower edge with “U” channel and other secrets for lampshade reinforcement.
- How to create embellishments using copper sheet foil, adhesive backed copper sheet foil and copper wire – what tools to use
- Discuss other embellishment options – sticks, beads, shells, etc – how to prepare and attach them
- Experiment with decorative soldering techniques to add depth and texture.
- Prepare the vase cap and assemble the four panels. Tips and tricks and awesome tools to make an awkward task easier.
- We’ll also discuss some tricks for assembling a 6-panel lamp as well as how to use a spider instead of a vase cap.
- Attach the panels to the cap and ensure a secure attachment.
- Final decorative solder.
- Clean and patina
- Clean and polish
- Attach to the lamp base and let the light shine!
- BONUS CLASS: Customize your own lantern