- 6+ Video lessons in HD
- Exclusive bonus content
- 30-day access to instructor
- Over 6 hours of in-depth instructions
- Lifetime access, anywhere, anytime
- Available on desktop, mobile and tablet
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Captions available in English, Portuguese, Dutch, German, Spanish, French and Swedish
What you will learn:
- About the instructor
- Supplies needed
- Creating the wire wrapped parts and shaping.
- How to solder
- Using wire reticulation method
- Begin piece with added bezel (go over the different processes of building a piece with bezel)
- Finish the added bezel piece. Start components to be used on Beetle piece.
- Begin assembly of Beetle.
- Finish the Beetle project.
- Detailing the finished product, such as cleaning edges.
- Applying patina and other deep cleaning techniques to enhance your pattern.
- 2-Wire Weave
- 3-Wire Diamond Weave
- 3-Wire Alternating Weave
- Coreset Weave
- Ladder Weave
- Pyramid Stack
- Snake Weave
- Fern Weave
- Tapestry Weave
- How to splice weaving wires
- How to shape the weave nicely
- Scrolling the ends
- Materials List
- How to create reticulated leaves
About the course
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Wire Wrapping into Metalsmithing
Intermediate / Advanced
Jewelry Artists, wire-wrappers, metalsmiths
Learn how to integrate wire wrapping into metalsmithing.
About the instructor
I was born in Germany but raised in the mountains of Utah for the majority of my life. With this background I loved to learn about and explore different cultures and traditions. A lot of my inspiration comes from learning about these places, and that pushes me to be a better artist.
Growing up so close to nature was a great experience that helped form my art style today. I've always loved nature and my life has always been heavily intertwined with it. It's been a goal of mine to always try to recreate the beauty of the natural world.
I have always done some form of art, as far back as i can remember. It started at a very young age with drawing and painting, then moved into fashion and design, and currently, my true love, jewelry.
Jewelry making had always been a side hobby for me, something I did just for myself. As I was going through my sewing phase, I started to realize how much more I enjoyed the process of making the accessories for the outfit than the outfit itself. Because of this I decided to prefect my skills with years in metalsmithing and jewelry classes and hope to share my knowledge with you.