Beyond the Basics: How to Take Your Silversmithing to the Next Level!
with Jan Harris Smith
- 10+ Video lessons in HD
- Exclusive bonus content
- 30-day access to instructor
- Over 10 hours of in-depth instructions
- Lifetime access, anywhere, anytime
- Available on desktop, mobile and tablet
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
What you will learn
- Intro and bio
- Class outline and expectations
- Tools & Materials
- Keeping a design journal
- Building a design from a stone Refining the design
- Creating structural elements
- Creating patterns
- Sawing pieces
- How to ensure joins meet for soldering
- Preparing metal
- Soldering: BUTT JOIN
- Soldering: SWEAT JOIN
- Pick soldering
- Standard bezel
- Tube setting
- Alternative bezels
- Curved surfaces such as a ring or bracelet
- Multiple layers
- Stamping Metal
- Cage with bottom
- Cage to hold stone
- Simple prong settings
- Bonus class: How to Make a Metal Bead
- Bonus class: How to Fuse Your Silver Scrap
- Bonus item: Materials list
About the course
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Take Your Silversmithing to the Next Level
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Jewelry makers, anyone who loves silversmithing, jewelry making, or want to start a new hobby or career
Go beyond the basics with silversmithing.
About the instructor
Jan Harris Smith
Jan Harris Smith began working with metal in college and was hooked on making metal jewelry from Jan Harris Smith began working with metal in college and was hooked on making metal jewelry from the first class. She has since completed several college level classes and independent workshops in metal working on her path to becoming an artisan jeweler.
In 2005, Jan took her first class in glass fusion. She has completed several classes and workshops in glass and her primary focus in glass is the use of reactive art glass to create unique colors and reactions.
Jan’s education includes university-level fine art classes and numerous workshops taught by professionals in the silversmithing and glass field. She has also had her art published in magazines and books and won several awards for her work, over the years.
Teaching art has been her passion for over 20 years. She enjoys introducing students to working in art and engaging in the creative process. She has taught in various venues across the United States and Australia, including art retreats, art stores, and art schools.