How to Create a 10 inch Pose-able Needle Felted Doll - Marie Antoinette Shabby Chic Style
with Colleen Spies
- 10+ Video lessons in HD
- Exclusive bonus content
- 30-day access to instructor
- Over 10 hours of in-depth instructions
- Lifetime access, anywhere, anytime
- Available on desktop, mobile and tablet
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
What you will learn:
Intro and bio
Overview of what class will cover
Working tools and basic supplies
- building up head with eyes
Sculpting nose and cheeks
Ear and adding on blush on cheeks, eye liner, eye lash.
Making leg so it can stand on its own
Body connection with head, arms and legs and finish up the torso
Felting in the dress bodice and sleeve
- Adding details on to bodice - sew on ruffle on sleeve, choker and possibly the head shape for the hair.
Add on the shoe and then needle felting the base skirt and attaching it on. Sew in double layer lace
Prep white layer skirt with floral trim, gather it and attach it to the main skirt and then poof gathering them up
Glue on trims to the bodice, make bows for shoe and hair and finish up decorating outfit
Adding hair and hair decor
- Attaching leg to pre-decorated wooden base.
- BONUS CLASS: How to make my perfect tiny pose-able fingers with internal wire armature. This is a sought-after technique I developed on my own
- BONUS CLASS: How to make facial expressions - smile with teeth showing
- BONUS CLASS: How to needle felt eyes with wool instead of using acrylic eyes
- BONUS CLASS: How to refresh or update a needle felt doll's face you've made that you are not quite happy with or made earlier in your beginning doll making stage
- BONUS CLASS: Proper techniques to attach hair on head
- BONUS ITEM: Doll pattern guide for body proportion and costuming
- BONUS ITEM: Supply and source list
- BONUS ITEM: Chat transcript
About the needle felting course online
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: How to Create a 10 inch Pose-able Needle Felt Doll
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Sculptors, anyone who loves needle felting, sculpting, or want to start a new hobby or career
Learn how to make a female pose-able doll with internal wire armature from start to finish!
About the instructor
Colleen is a Needle Felt Doll Artist, and owner of OooDolls based in Chandler, AZ. Prior to her career as a doll artist, Colleen worked as a floral designer, a decorative artist, and a fine art artist, experiences that contribute to her expanding artistic vision. Colleen now creates sculptures using wool with the occasional use of polymer clay. Her use of bold colors and floral themes is coupled with creativity inspired by beautiful music, elements from the natural world, and an unbounded imagination. Her unique works of art convey a sense of joy and fantasy, and she continues to evolve her designs always striving to delight her fans and customers alike. Colleen is a member of the Professional Doll Making Artist Guild and won 1st place in the doll fiber category the past 2 years in a row. In her spare time she enjoys baking cookies with Spingerle Molds and travels with her husband, Jeff.