In this class, participants will learn the tricks and techniques to put the threads on a four shaft loom, called warping the loom. With the tricks that Deanna has to teach, this process will be quick and easy. While using these skills, we will be weaving a scarf. We will be going over the best ways to correct errors, keep the edges even, and special helps for using two shuttles.
Warping the loom
- Winding the warp for even tension
- Putting the warp on in the back to front method
- Using the easiest and quickest methods for threading the heddles and reed.
Weaving a dornik twill scarf
- Best methods of correcting threading errors.
- How to handle two shuttles to give even selvedges
- Correcting any treadling errors and methods to finish the fringe.