Ocean Commotion Mosaic Assemblage with Polymer and Epoxy Clays!
Free LIVE Training w/ Christi Friesen
Reserve your spot
-- it's Free!
Live and Free*: April 26-28, 2021!
from 11:00am-2pm EDT
(8-11am PT, 9-12pm MT, 10-1pm CT,
3-6pm GMT, 4-7pm BST)
About the course
In this course you will enter an underwater world of possibilities by exploring the Mosaic Assemblage style using polymer clay and epoxy clay and incorporating mixed media embellishments.
Because we use almost anything in creating the mosaic assemblage, you will be able to dig deep into your creative stash and find exciting ways to finally use all those lovely beads, findings, and crafty things you’ve been accumulating. Doesn’t that sound fun?!
In this class you will:
- sculpt ocean creatures from polymer clay – an octopus, a sea turtle and a fish
- create tiles (tesserae) and add them securely to polymer clay forms
- add accents and embellishments to create ocean scenes to show off the polymer clay sculptural pieces
- incorporate sgraffito technique to add decorative doodling to your sea turtle
- understand proper finishing procedures so your pieces are professional and ready to display
About The Instructor
Christi Friesen is an award-winning artist, who works in mixed media. Her work has been showcased in numerous books, magazines and exhibits. She is the author of over a dozen how-to books on creating with polymer clay. She teaches throughout the world, using humor and positive energy to encourage students to stretch their creativity, technical skills and artistic confidence.