Plying with Thread: Color, Texture and More!
Free LIVE training w/ Allison Harding
Reserve your spot
-- it's Free!
*The live and free course does not give you a certificate of completion, additional tools and resources, access to the bonus classess, and one-on-one with the instructors. These perks are only available in the paid version of the course.
About the course
- Choose alternative plying materials with confidence
- Plan smooth or textured yarns, fine to bulky
- Create elegant beaded and sequined yarns
- Design fun statement yarns with add-ins like feathers, charms and silk flowers
- Play with core spinning, spiral ply, spinning from cloud, batts or top, auto-wrappingC
- hoose the correct wheel and whorl set-up to achieve a balanced yarn
- Explore finished project ideas for your spectacular yarns.
About The Instructor
Allison Harding (aka Fleebers) still remembers the pattern for her first knitting project at age 7; an orange acrylic scarf! Then her mom gave her a treadle sewing machine, which launched Allison into a lifetime love of all fibers. She is an award winning fiber artist who knits, crochets, weaves, felts, dyes, cards, spins, sews, and more. If it’s fiber related she’s either tried it or it’s on her bucket list.
While working as a costume designer for Studio East School for Performing Arts, Allison fell in love with teaching. Allison shares those skills and love of design in her knit and crochet patterns published by KnitPicks, Cascade Yarns, Skacel, Knit Circus and Loose Threads magazines and the book “Simple Hip Knit Scarves”.
She strives to explain not only the how, but the why, of everything she does in fun and
Allison loves ALL the colors and playing with pointy sticks.
Live and Free*:
July 5th & 6th
from 11:00am-2pm EST (8am-11am PST)
July 5th & 6th
from 9pm-12am EST (6pm-9pm PST)