MARTATHON REPLAY: How to Create a 10 inch Pose-able Needle Felt Doll - Marie Antoinette Shabby Chic Style!
Free Training with Colleen Spies
Reserve your spot
-- it's Free!
Free*: November 8-10, 2021
from 11:00am-2pm EDT
(8-11am PT, 9am-12pm MT, 10am-1pm CT, 4-7pm GMT, 5-8pm BST)
About the course
Learn the process and techniques needed to create a needle felt pose-able doll! This class will cover the step by step process with easy to understand instructions for sculpting a female face, hairstyle, body construction, costuming and a freestanding base installation. Students will gain the understanding of materials and tools used to create this doll. This class is beneficial both to beginners and experienced needle felters who wish to gain greater proficiency.
In this class, you will learn how to make a female pose-able doll with internal wire armature from start to finish!
You will learn:
- Which type of wool, supplies and tools to use.
- How to plan out body scale.
- How to construct her internal wire armature.
- How to fashion a female face using wool and acrylic eyes and eye lashes.
- How to style her hairdo using natural sheep curly locks.
- How to make her hands and feet/shoes.
- How to bring her body parts together to form a complete figure.
- How to dress her up with wool, lace and trims.
- How to attach her on to a base.
- Plus plenty of useful needle felting tips!
About The Instructor
Colleen is a Needle Felt Doll Artist, and owner of OooDolls based in Chandler, AZ. Prior to her career as a doll artist, Colleen worked as a floral designer, a decorative artist, and a fine art artist, experiences that contribute to her expanding artistic vision. Colleen now creates sculptures using wool with the occasional use of polymer clay. Her use of bold colors and floral themes is coupled with creativity inspired by beautiful music, elements from the natural world, and an unbounded imagination. Her unique works of art convey a sense of joy and fantasy, and she continues to evolve her designs always striving to delight her fans and customers alike. Colleen is a member of the Professional Doll Making Artist Guild and won 1st place in the doll fiber category the past 2 years in a row. In her spare time he enjoys baking cookies with Spingerle Molds and travels with her husband, Jeff.