Needle Felt Cat Sculpture: Cheetah
Free LIVE training w/ Kiyoshi Mino
Reserve your spot
-- it's Free!
Live and Free*:
April 29th, 30th and May 1st!
from 11:00am-2pm EDT
8-11am PDT, 9-12pm MDT, 10-1pm CDT
*This live and free course is available for free only during the live broadcast, and it does not include bonus materials such as supplies list, additional tools and resources, access to the bonus classes, etc.
These perks are only available in the paid version of the course.
About the course
- Use of anatomical measurements and diagrams to construct a wire armature
- Sculpting using wool, felting needle, and wire armature
- Using anatomical diagrams to sculpt musculature
- Sculpting the feline head
- Creating realistic eyes with wool
- Creating realistic cat ears
- Sculpting cat paws
- Mixing wool of different colors to obtain wool of a precise color or color combination
- Use wool of different qualities for different purposes.
- Creating realistic fur using fine wool roving
- Creating patterns (spots, stripes) in fur
- Creating whiskers using horsehair
About The Instructor
I am a needle felt artist based in the Rock Island, IL. I discovered needle felting by accident when my wife and I were attending a year long organic farmer training program before starting our own farm. I immediately fell in love with it. I loved to draw as a kid but had never tried any form of sculpture before. It was very exciting to me to be able to draw in three dimensions with nothing but a needle and a clump of wool. I have always loved animals of all kinds and because wool is a type of animal fur itself, it is the perfect medium for realistically sculpting mammal fur and bird feathers. In my work I focus on wild animal species which I try to render as faithfully as possible. I believe that almost all animals have unique personalities and emotional complexity just like humans and my goal when depicting wild animals is to try and convey this idea by capturing these unique personalities. I have given workshops in the US, China, Chile and the Netherlands. My work has been exhibited in Shanghai, Boston and New York City and featured in Fiber Art Now, Fast Company Design, and New York Magazine. You can see more of my work on my blog (kiyoshimino.blogspot.com) and on instagram (instagram.com/kiyoshiminofelt)
*This live and free course is available for free only during the live broadcast, and it does not include bonus materials such as supplies list, additional tools and resources, access to the bonus classes, etc. These perks are only available in the paid version of the course.