Intro to Leaded Glass
Intro to Leaded Glass (Stained Glass)
with Cheryl Peterson
Reserve your spot
-- it's Free!
Live and Free*: Sep, 21-23 2020!
from 11:00am-2pm EDT
(8-11am PT, 9-12pm MT, 10-1pm CT,
3-6pm GMT, 4-7pm BST)
About the course
Leaded glass panels are preferred for architectural installation (exterior windows, doors, sidelights, transoms, etc) because they are flexible enough to withstand changes in temperature and opening/closing of doors.
In this course we’ll learn:
- Tips and tricks for designing and executing your pattern in lead
- Choosing the right lead came to enhance your pattern
- Adding bevels, jewels and special glass to your panel
- When and how to reinforce your lead panel
- Cementing (mudding) and cleaning
- Hanging, framing or installing your panel
- Safety practices when working with lead
This is an advanced course that relies on basic skills learned for the copper foil (Tiffany) method of stained glass.
About The Instructor
Cheryl started working with stained glass in 2005. She uses her background in graphic design and combines kiln formed glass to create original, fun and unique designs. Cheryl works in both foil and lead methods of stained glass, creating original designs, three dimensional creations and lead restorations. She is an affiliate member of the Stained Glass Association of America and former president of the Glass Art Guild of Utah. Her commission work and restorations can be found is private residences and businesses across the United States.