Glass and Silver Fusion
Free LIVE Training with
Jan Harris Smith
Reserve your spot
-- it's Free!
FREE Broadcast Replay!
March 18th, 19th, and 20th!
from 11:00am-2pm EST
(8-11am PST, 9-12pm MST, 10-1pm CST)
About the course
In this course, you will learn how to take sheet glass and dichroic glass and turn them into beautiful cabochons to include in your jewelry!
- How to use basic glass tools
- What are the properties and types of dichroic and reactive art glass frits
- How to use silver foil in glass
- How to combine clear and solid color glass w/ dichroic and reactive glass to
- create cabochons that mimic natural stones such as opal and turquoise.
- Firing schedules for jewelry sized glass
- How to use basic metal working tools
- Basic skills for soldering
- How to saw metal shapes
- How to make wire prongs
- How to make a bezel
- How to make a bail
- Finishing techniques for your metal
- And much, much more!
About The Instructor
Jan Harris Smith
Jan Harris Smith began working with metal in college and was hooked on making metal jewelry from
the first class. She has since completed several college level classes and independent workshops in
metal working on her path to become an artisan jeweler.
In 2005, Jan took her first class in glass fusion. She has completed several classes and workshops in
glass and her primary focus in glass is the use of reactive art glass to create unique colors and
Jan’s education includes university level fine art classes and numerous workshops taught by
professionals in the silversmithing and glass field. She has also had her art published in magazines
and books and won several awards for her work, over the years.
Teaching art has been her passion for over 20 years. She enjoys introducing students to working in
art and engaging in the creative process. She has taught in various venues across the United States
and Australia, including art retreats, art stores and art schools.