- Course introduction and making the face. Discuss facial proportions and where to place all the features. Tools and materials
- Making the armature. Adding the neck and shoulders, ears, breasts, etc. Sculpting the body.
- Creating the wings. Creating the wires for the wings, painting, and pouring resin for the wings.
- Making the hands using flexible clay (so that an armature is not required)
- Finish the right hand including finger nails. Drill base and bulk out the body with tinfoil sculpting.
- More bulking, attaching the hands. Preparing the base and cutting out the wings
- Bulking upper arms, preparing the wings for attachment, wrapping the body using Paverpol and Paver Wrappers. Making the shoes with two part epoxie
- Making the skirt and sleeves using more Paverpol and tee shirt material and a doily. Covering the body with faux fur and finishing off the edges
- Adding hair, painting, and putting on the finishing touches
- Butterfly man and butterfly wings.
Open Facebook Group to students of this course:
Curious Mondo: Mixed Media Bug person
Basic / Intermediate / Advanced
Sculptors, art dolls artists, anyone who loves sculpting or want to start a new hobby or career.
Learn how to sculpt a mixed medai bug person