How to Make Art Jackets with Susan Epperly
Live & Free*: May 11-13, 2020!
from 11:00am-2pm ET
(8-11am PT, 9-12pm MT,
10-1pm CT, 3-6pm GMT)
*This live and free course is available for free only during the live broadcast, and it does not include bonus materials such as supplies list, additional tools and resources, access to the bonus classes, etc.
About the course
One-of-a-Kind, Lovingly Crafted, Hand Painted, Upcycled Garments
Good CRAFTERnoon! I’m so glad that you’re interested in the art pieces that come out of my “Slow Fashion Atelier” and that you want to learn how to make your very own Art Jackets: one-of-a-kind, lovingly crafted, hand painted, stitched & embellished upcycled garments.
This course will involve sourcing gently used garments that deserve to be majestically reincarnated into treasured, heirloom quality wearable art pieces. Your creative vision and artistic talents will elevate the garments that you choose from neglected castoﬀs into glorious works of art.
This course will involve sourcing, planning, designing, painting, crafting, stitching, embroidering, and embellishing. So, be ready to bring all of your creative talents and inspiration to this course. The beauty of creating Art Jackets is that it combines so many diﬀerent types of art, craft, design, and and other creative disciplines, and no two Art Jackets will be the same! Each one is a unique work of art that you’ll be proud to wear, gift or sell.
During this course:
- You will be inspired to view used garments as raw materials for creating imaginative, upcycled works of art.
- You will choose a denim jacket from your closet or from a charity shop that you will transform into an amazing, one-of-a-kind Art Jacket.
- You will adorn your chosen jacket with a portrait using acrylic paints.
- You will embellish the portrait that you have created with trims, reclaimed garment remnants, notions, beads, crystals, and any other types of adornments that tickle your fancy.
- By the end of this class, you will have designed and created an incredible wearable work of art that will turn heads and start conversations wherever it’s worn!
*This live and free course is available for free only during the live broadcast, and it does not include bonus materials such as supplies list, additional tools and resources, access to the bonus classes, etc. These perks are only available in the paid version of the course.